Here are our predictions for 2016 that The Big Data Institute sees shaping your businesses:
1. Customer Digital Experience will take the center stage for companies competing to win mindshare and share of wallet. Majority of the customer transactions will be initiated through mobile platform – smart phones, tablets, phablets, wearable devices, etc
2. Analytics will become secret weapon for many companies with Big Data and Internet of Things projects on rapid rise. Data Management and Advanced Analytics will become more sophisticated but more business user friendly.
3. Privacy and Security will continue to be top priority for companies as consumers behavior and new laws will drive corporates towards compliance requirements.
4. Consumers will start monetizing their own data using various mediums.
5. Leadership ranks and roles will be transformed with primary corporate roles as – Chief Data Officer, Chief Analytics Officer and Chief Intelligence Officer becoming dominant roles driving IT and Business.
6. Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Cognitive Computing will be at the top of Hype Curve as companies start exploring and piloting AI, cognitive solutions while Big Data and IOT move towards plateau.
7. M&A on the rise with several acquisitions in IOT, Digital/Mobile and Security solutions.
8. Cloud will become the new standard and will become first choice in many cases for platform.
9. Businesses making IT purchase decisions (solution, software, and project) will be on the rise. In some companies, IT may get decentralized to address the speed and agility requirements.
10. Industry will move more towards pre-packaged/prebuilt solutions include point solutions building towards transformation project instead of large in-house builds.