In January 2014, IDG published their latest big data enterprise survey and predictions for 2014 finding that on average, enterprises will spend $8M on big data –related initiatives in 2014. The study also found that 70% of enterprise organizations have either deployed or are planning to deploy big data-related projects and programs.
Here’s our Top 10 Big Data Trends in 2014:
- Big Data as a Service and Big Data Analytics will go mainstream
- More companies will implement Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning
- Data Science and Big Data Analytics will be embedded in BI for actionable Insights into Operational Reports and Executive Dashboards
- Cloud computing and Big Data will be tightly integrated with BI solutions
- Enterprise will be using big data techniques to secure IT infrastructure
- Hadoop will be used for operational system and transactional application
- Hadoop will be implemented as extensions to part of Enterprise Information Management solutions
- Big Data and Data Scientists skills shortage will grow as companies start ramping up hiring for big data and data science projects
- Rise in M&A activity in Big Data space with legacy BI companies acquiring niche big data vendors
- Companies will start new roles defined as Chief Data Scientists, Chief Data Officers and Chief Analytic Officer
TechNavio’s analysts forecast the Global Big Data market to grow at a CAGR of 34.17 percent over the period 2013-2018. TechNavio’s report, the Global Big Data Market 2014-2018.
The key vendors dominating this market space are IBM Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co., Oracle Corp., and Teradata Corp.
Other vendors are 1010data Ltd., 10gen Inc., Accenture Inc., Amazon Web Services, Attivio Inc., Calpont Corp., Capgemini Inc., ClickFox Inc., Cloudera Inc., Computer Sciences Corp., Couchbase Inc., Datameer Inc., DataStax Inc., Dell Inc., Digital Reasoning Systems Inc., EMC Corp., Fractal Analytics Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., Hortonworks Inc., HPCC Systems Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Informatica Corp., Intel Corp., Karmasphere Inc., Logica plc, MapR Technologies Inc., MarkLogic Inc., Microsoft Corp., Mu Sigma Inc., NetApp Inc., Opera Solutions Inc., ParAccel Inc., Pervasive Software Inc., QlikTech Ltd., RainStor Inc., Red Hat Inc., SAP AG, SAS Institute Inc., Seagate Inc., Siemens Information Systems Ltd., Splunk Inc., Supermicro Computer Inc., Tableau Software Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Think Big Analytics Inc., and Xerox Corp.
Pingback: Top 10 Big Data Trends in 2014 | Big Data Analytics News
Please take approval before you copy the content.
Reblogged this on Data Science Guru.
Pingback: Top 10 Big Data Trends in 2014 | The Big Data Institute | Information Systems Association